1 of 4
WHAT IS FILLER?
The perception of beauty varies over time: it can change depending on the age or the time in which we live. Today we tend to search for a beauty that maintains a natural appearance to reflect one’s own personality and individuality. Each Filler treatment is personalised to meet the needs of the individual patient.
The injectable fillers are minimally invasive substances used in aesthetic medicine to settle treat facial wrinkles (nose-genieni furrows or ‘marionette’ lines perilabial wrinkles) and to restore to facial areas volume, fullness and firmness that may have been lost (cheekbones, lips , dark circles).
Commonly used fillers are ialuronic acids essential for the maintenance of hydration, firmness and plasticity of the skin, due to their ability to absorb and retain large quantities of water in the extracellular spaces.
The concentration of hyaluronic acid and collagen in the dermis tends to decrease with advancing age.
CAN I HAVE TREATMENT WITH FILLER?
Treatment with fillers is recommended in the following cases:
- To fill lines or static wrinkles in the face: the nasolabial wrinkles, area around the eyes (“crow’s feet”) or lips (“barcode”).
- To soften the lines and signs of prolonged exposure to the sun (photoageing).
- To reduce dark circles.
- To restore volume to the cheekbone area.
- To give fullness and hydration to the lips.
- To minimise the bumps and irregularities of adolescent (acne) and scars.
- To soften the neck and décolleté wrinkles
The injection of fillers can be performed in combination with other treatments, surgical or not, such as peeling, face lifting, blepharoplasty, infiltration of botox and laser treatments.
WHY CHOOSE THE OCULOPLASTIC SURGEON?
Oculoplastic surgeons are eye doctors who are specialised in eyelid and facial plastic surgery.
During the visit, the oculoplastic surgeon will examine the patient’s skin, the type of wrinkles (static or dynamic), their depth and position and any other aesthetic problems on the entire face.
The surgeon will discuss the expectations of the patient and evaluate what would be the results of treatment and if necessary suggest alternative or complementary operations.
Each patient will be advised and the most appropriate and new techniques will be recommended, according to the latest guidelines issued by international professional associations
WHAT DOES THE TREATMENT WITH FILLER CONSIST OF?
FAST AND INNOVATIVE TREATMENT
The treatment is fast, effective and almost painless. The treated area is injected with the substance chosen by micro cannula, a minimally invasive procedure which does not traumatise the tissue, reducing incidence of post treatment hematoma and bruising. It leaves no visible signs and allows a quick recovery. The products used are of the highest quality, supported by scientific studies and results.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT? WHAT ARE THE FILLER RESULTS?
Restoring facial volume has a fundamental role in the natural eyelid and face rejuvenation process. A fresh and young face looks full, swollen and hydrated and has a compact and tight skin. The proper use of fillers allows you to get an effective facial rejuvenation without altering the face proportions and retaining balance and expression.
- After injection, the effect of filling and wrinkle reduction is immediately clearly visible and noticeable.
- The duration of the effect varies from individual to individual, depending on the type of preparation used and on the individuals reaction to the treatment. On average, a hyaluronic acid filler lasts between 6 to 12 months.
- You can repeat the treatment periodically to maintain the benefits achieved by the previous injections.
- The treated area looks plump, soft and youthful and results in a fresh and lively appearance.
All the photographs and videos have been made by Dr. Carlo Graziani with authorisation by the very same patiences. It is forbidden to copy or reproduce in any form and for any other use all the contents found on the our web site. All rights are reserved. Dr. Carlo Graziani 2020.