1 of 5
WHAT ARE EYE CIRCLES?
When we talk about eye circles (or dark circles) we commonly refer to a periorbital darkening, which, like a violet shadow surrounds the eye.
The delicate area around the eye contour is one of the first to reveal the signs of aging, and the eye circles may appear in genetically predisposed patients, marking their face prematurely
Most of the time they appear for two reasons: because the skin is so thin as to show the orbicularis muscle as well as its vascular frame, or because the skin of that particular area is subject to hyperpigmentation.
Patients turn to an oculoplasty surgeon:
- Because they feel their face is marked and aged by the eye circles.
- Because the gaze does not represent their personality, and that causes their frustration and dissatisfaction with their appearance.
- Because the presence of eye circles which are impossible to cover with the makeup is a source of embarrassment and is limiting in their social life.
Each patient will be guided and advised on the most appropriate and advanced surgical practices, according to the latest guidelines of international surgical associations
WHAT DOES THE EYE CIRCLES OPERATION CONSIST IN?
The new approach to correcting this defect and rejuvenating in a natural way the gaze is represented by the mini-invasive techniques of filling which restore the lost volumes, respecting the tissues and guaranteeing natural and harmonious results.
- Lipofilling and microlipofilling consist of aspiration of adipose tissue from a patient’s donor area (abdomen, inner thighs, hips), and subsequent extraction of stem cells and fat cells contained using centrifugation or filtration technique.
- The material obtained is immediately injected in the dark and empty areas of the eyes and face.
- Surgery is done under local anesthesia with mild sedation.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT? WHAT ARE THE EYE CIRCLES OPERATION RESULTS?
The procedure will be personalized to maintain the natural look, reflect patient’s personality and the individuality of his/her image; also to respect the needs expressed during the preliminary consultation. The concern of seeing one’s own face distorted and ‘not being able to recognize oneself’ is one of the primary considerations faced together with the patient
Turning to filling techniques allows for attenuating the aesthetically unpleasant hollowness and darkening of the area around the eyes. The final result is an overall rejuvenation of the gaze and face, without altering the harmony of the face nor distorting the general features.
On this page you can browse the photo gallery of my other cases: Before/After Lipofilling Photos
All the photographs and videos have been made by Dr. Carlo Graziani with authorisation by the very same patiences. It is forbidden to copy or reproduce in any form and for any other use all the contents found on the our web site. All rights are reserved. Dr. Carlo Graziani 2020.