1 of 4
WHAT ARE EYE CIRCLES?
When we talk about eye circles (or dark circles) we commonly refer to a periorbital darkening, which, like a violet shadow surrounds the eye.
The delicate area around the eye contour is one of the first to reveal the signs of aging, and the eye circles may appear in genetically predisposed young women, marking their face prematurely
They appear for two reasons: because the skin is so fine as to show the orbicular muscle through as well as its vascular trama (or plot), or because the skin of that particular area is subject to hyperpigmentation.
Patients turn to an oculoplasty surgeon:
- Because they feel their face is marked and aged by the eye circles.
- Because the gaze which is not lively and depressed does not represent their personality, and that causes their frustration and dissatisfaction with their appearance.
- Because the presence of eye circles which are impossible to cover with the makeup is a source of embarrassment and is limiting in their social life.
Each patient will be guided and advised on the most appropriate and advanced surgical practices, according to the latest guidelines of international surgical associations
WHAT DOES THE EYE CIRCLES AESTHETIC TREATMENTS CONSIST OF?
The new approach to correct this defect and rejuvenating in a natural way the gaze is represented by the mini-invasive techniques of filling which restore the lost volumes, respecting the tissues and guaranteeing natural and harmonious results.
- A filling substance is injected through a microcannula in the zone around the eyes: consequently, the natural volume and tightness typical of a young face will be obtained.
- For that purpose, resorbable filling substances (RADIESSE®: Hydroxylapatite of calcium, REDENSITY II®: hyaluronic acid specific for eyelids) which give visible, long term results and which allow getting back to professional life in a short time.
The chosen treatment is personalised and will take into account each patient’s individuality, respecting his/her expectations, the harmony of the gaze and the proportions of the entire face
WHAT CAN I EXPECT? WHAT ARE THE RESULTS OF THE EYE CIRCLES OPERATION?
1 of 2
The procedure will be personalised to maintain the natural look, reflect patient’s personality and the individuality of his/her image; also to respect the needs expressed during the preliminary consultation. The concern of seeing one’s own face distorted and ‘not being able to recognise oneself’ is one of the primary considerations faced together with the patient
Filling techniques allows for attenuating the aesthetically unpleasant hollowness and darkening of the area around the eyes. The final result is an overall rejuvenation of the gaze and face, without altering the harmony of the face nor distorting the general features.
All the photographs and videos have been made by Dr. Carlo Graziani with authorisation by the very same patiences. It is forbidden to copy or reproduce in any form and for any other use all the contents found on the our web site. All rights are reserved. Dr. Carlo Graziani 2020.