1 of 9
WHAT IS EYELID SURGERY (BLEPHAROPLASTY)?
The eyelid surgery is a surgical procedure which allows an esthetic improvement and a better functioning of the eyelids, by removing or remodeling in a personalized way the skin, the muscle tissue and the fat tissue in excess. The type and the amount of the excess tissue on which to intervene vary from case to case, according to an objective situation, the needs expressed by the patient, the morphology and the proportions of the entire face.
The eyelid surgery is a very effective operation within a face rejuvenation program
THE BLEPHAROPLASTY WITHOUT SCAR!
The intervention of the lower conjunctival blepharoplasty because leaves no visible external scar. The surgery involves the removal of this excess fat in the lower eyelid (commonly called ‘bags under the eyes’) through an incision in the conjunctiva , and inside the eyelid. This feature ensures that the only scar the access road to the removal is completely invisible to the eye because of the hidden skin.
CAN I UNDERGO A BLEPHAROPLASTY?
The patients turn to an oculoplasty surgeon to rejuvenate and correct main defects of the periocular area:
- Flaccid and droopy eyelids.
- Puffy lower and upper eyelids.
- Small or ‘shrunk’ eyes.
- External corner of the eye pointing downwards (sloping eye corner) causing a sad and tired.
- Low eyebrows.
- Oriental eyelid.
These esthetic defects are corrected thanks to blepharoplasty variously associated with other techniques, such as the canthoplasty, the lifting of the eyebrow, the midfacelifting, the filling, the lipostructure, the botox injections.
Each patient will be guided to and advised on the most suitable and cutting-edge surgical treatments, based on the most updated guidelines of the international surgical associations
WHAT DOES AN UPPER OR LOWER BLEPHAROPLASTY CONSIST IN?
- The upper eyelid surgery entails a cutaneous incision at the level of the eyelid fold, remaining therefore hidden when the eyes are open. In case of significant skin excess on each side of the eye, the incisions might extend beyond the external edge (external eyelid margin). The tissue in excess may be removed with the scalpel, laser or radio frequency devices.
- The incision in the transcutaneous lower eyelid surgery is performer beyond the eyelashes and in parallel with them.
- In the transconjuctival blepharoplasty, the incision is made on the internal surface of the eyelid and so the scar is invisible on the outside.
- At times the laser might be used to smoothen little wrinkles of the eyelid and eyebrow area, improving the esthetic result. In some patients an eyebrow lifting and midface lifting, fillers and botox can be combined.
The surgical choice will respect the individuality of every patient, preserving the natural and harmonious look of the face
WHAT CAN I EXPECT? WHAT ARE THE RESULTS AFTER A BLEPHAROPLASTY?
The operation will be personalized to preserve a natural look, to reflect the patient’s personality and the individuality of his/her image, to respect the needs expressed during the pre-surgical interview. The concern over seeing one’s look distorted and ‘not being able to recognize oneself’ is one of the main considerations faced together with the patient
The scars are almost invisible because the incisions follow the natural lines and creases of the face.The esthetic results are natural: the gaze is lively and expressive, the face appears younger and fresh without changing its peculiarities and proportions.
All the photographs and videos have been made by Dr. Carlo Graziani with authorisation by the very same patiences. It is forbidden to copy or reproduce in any form and for any other use all the contents found on the our web site. All rights are reserved. Dr. Carlo Graziani 2020.