1 of 4
WHAT IS CANTHOPLASTY?
Canthoplasty is a procedure of cosmetic surgery which involves reshaping the eye by repositioning the outer eyelid corner.
The eye slant is an important factor which determines the expressivity and the overall look: a downward slant determines a sad and depressed look
A horizontal eye profile is more typical of males and, therefore, less suitable for a woman’s face, an overly vertical slant contributes to a hostile look. Consequently, the ways of performing the surgery vary depending on each individual case, based on the objective situation, the needs expressed by the patient, the morphology and the proportions of the entire face. Canthoplasty is extremely effective in rejuvenating the eye expression and the entire face.
CAN I UNDERGO A CANTHOPLASTY?
The patients wish to modify the shape of their eyes:
- In case of downwards, drooping eyes responsible for a depressed and tired look which does not reflect the patient’s personality.
- In case of bulging or round eyes, with a reduced horizontal opening reduced compared to the vertical one, responsible for a ‘not so bright and captivating’ gaze.
- In case of a very flat and horizontal eye profile,without that upward slant in the outer corner of the eyelid which is characteristic of a fascinating feminine eye expression.
- Incase of a drooping outer eye corner due to previous surgeries, traumas, or age-related.
Based on the patient’s needs, the surgery can be supported by other techniques, such as the blepharoplasty, the eyebrow lifting, the mid-face lifting, the filling, the lipofilling, the botox injections.
Each patient will be guided and advised on the most suitable and cutting-edge surgical treatments, based on the most updated guidelines of the international surgical associations
WHAT DOES THE CANTHOPLASTY OPERATION CONSIST OF?
The operation will be personalized to preserve a natural look, to reflect the patient’s personality and the individuality of his/her image, to respect the needs expressed during the pre-surgical interview
- An incision is made in the outer eyelid corner, hidden by a cutaneous crease in this area in order to minimize the appearance of scarring as much as possible.
- The canthal tendon is separated from the adjacent tissue, then tightened and lifted: the level of tightening and the angle of the outer eyelid corner is personalized in each case.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT? WHAT ARE THE RESULTS OF A CANTHOPLASTY?
1 of 2
The concern over seeing one’s look distorted and ‘not being able to recognize oneself’ is one of the main considerations faced together with the patient.The scars are almost invisible because the incisions follow the natural lines and creases of the face.
The esthetic results are natural: the gaze is lively and expressive, the face appears younger and fresh without changing its peculiarities and proportions.
On this page you can browse the photo gallery of my other cases : Before/After Canthoplasty Photos
All the photographs and videos have been made by Dr. Carlo Graziani with authorisation by the very same patiences. It is forbidden to copy or reproduce in any form and for any other use all the contents found on the our web site. All rights are reserved. Dr. Carlo Graziani 2020.